IMPROVE YOUR ENERGY, MOOD, AND BODY COMPOSITION
How did you go with last week with the SuperFoods Shopping list? Did you give it ago? Just in case I haven’t been clear – Nutrition is a HUGE part of achieving your goals. So today I want to talk about a pretty easy nutrition tweak, that can give you greater energy throughout the day, improve your good, and best of all kick start your fat burning engine!
We’ve all heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day! However most people do it wrong! Conventional wisdom has taught us that Cereal is the breakfast food of choice, the problem is when we have cereal, it’s easily and quickly absorbed into our bodies, which means we have a blood sugar spike. Within 3 hours of consuming cereal, you’re generally due for a crash in blood sugar – what goes up , must come down. Your body will tell you that you need to sweet (maybe a muffin, kit kat, etc). This cycle will continue throughout the day – you eat some sweet, you feel sleepy, you need something sweet again. This is why so many people fight cravings throughout the day, and find it hard to lose body fat and stay lean.
The Good news is, if you start your day right with a protein rich breakfast you’ll avoid this roller coaster effect.
So here’s your challenge – Scrap the cereal and toast, and have a Protein Rich Breakfast within One Hour of Waking Up. We’ve included some easy recipes that you can try out! Look out for the ingredients while you’re out shopping this weekend! If you are looking for some extra help on your nutrition journey, we also provide nutrition coaching at the box – it’s not for everyone as its quite a bit of work, but by the end of it, you’ll be in 100% control of your nutrition!
Stay awesome, and I’ll see you in class!
Chorizo and Chill Frittata
1 Tsp Coconut Oil
1 High Quality Chorizo Slice
1 Garlic Clove Crushed
1/2 Hot Red Chilli, De Seeded
1/2 Onion, Diced
1 Can (400g) Chopped Tomatoes
2 Tbsp sliced Kalamata Olives
8 – 12 Eggs (depending on the size of your dish)
Salt and Peper to Taste
Instructions (Serves 6)
1. Preheat Oven to 175 Degrees, and Line Tin with Baking Paper
2. Lightly Pan Fry Chorizo then transfer to another plate
3. In the same pan, fry Garlic, Chilli and Onions until translucent and soft
4. Reduce to a medium heat and add capsicums, olives, and canned tomatoes
5. Into a Large Bowl Crack the eggs and Whisk Well
6. Combined all ingredients (not chorizo) in Tin and place in oven for 10 Minutes
7. Remove from Oven, add Chorizo Slices on top, then bake until cooked (another 10 Minutes)
Bacon and Onion ‘Egg-Ins’
12 Slices of High Quality Streaky Bacon
12 Large Eggs
4 Spring Onions (Scallions, finely chopped)
Instructions (Makes 12)
1. Preheat Oven to 175 Degrees
2. Line Muffin Tray with baking Paper
3. Line the sides of Muffin Tray with Bacon to create a Ring, then Bake for 10 Minutes or Until Crisp
4. Crack Eggs into Bowl and Mix with onions (chopped)
5. Add Eggs to Muffin Tray
6. Sprinkle each Egg-In with Paprika
7. Bake for a further 25 Minutes (or until tops begin to Brown)
Chia Seed Brekkie
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup vanilla/chocolate coconut milk or almond milk
1. Measure 1/4 cup of chia seeds into a bowl
2. Pour 1/2 cup of coconut or almond milk onto the seeds.
3. Stir the ingredients together.
4. Place the container in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
5. Add Fresh Fruit to Taste (Sparingly)